Over the course of treating patients, there are a few categories that we have noticed that cause premature aging to skin. When people think of premature aging, they mostly attribute it to sun damage, a widely recognized contributor to the degradation of healthy skin. Another factor is smoking. Both are horrible for your skin and can be known to cause cancer and even death.
What many people may not realize is there is a third danger to your skin-drinking alcohol. We are not referencing the occasional glass of wine here and there. We are talking about those who drink 2-3 glasses of a cocktail, beer, or wine every night. We have noticed that those who drink 2-3 glasses of an alcoholic beverage every night, tend to look years older than they should. The good news is that all three of these contributors to the aging of your skin are either completely avoidable or can be limited such as with sun exposure.
Alcohol Depletes Your Skin’s Hydration
For those who are drinking 2-3 glasses of an alcoholic beverage every night, it is important to fully hydrate your body with water. A great rule is to drink one glass of water for every one drink of alcohol you consume. This will help keep you hydrated and reduce the effect the alcohol has. Alcohol is a diuretic and it can tend to dehydrate your body.
Skin that is dehydrated tends to look flaky, dull, show increased wrinkles and fine lines, appear sunken in, and overall just looks deflated. There have been studies conducted that show the miracle of increasing water intake and the positive effect that is has on counteracting the appearance of aging.
How to Improve Skin and Reduce Wrinkles
If you want to have great looking skin, avoid sun damage, smoking, and drinking alcohol excessively. If you want to improve your skin, then seek treatment through the team at Victory MedSpa. Many patients have seen great results through a combination of services we offer. Microneedling as well as Pro Fractional Laser treatments have been used on many of our patients in order to achieve great results. Many choose to complement those results with deep peels as well as filler to help enhance the overall look of their skin.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)