Mirror mirror on the wall, who has the smallest crow’s feet of them all? Do you want that to be you? Are you starting to see wrinkles and fine lines creep in as you age? Another thing you might notice is that your eyes or cheeks are starting to appear hollow. Unfortunately, these can be common signs of aging, but there are ways to correct these issues.
What are Facial Fillers?
Facial fillers, or dermal fillers, are FDA approved injectable gels that can help plump up your face to allow for a more youthful look while only being a minimally invasive method. That means you can achieve great results in less than 30 minutes depending on the filler used without subjecting yourself to surgery. Many of the facial fillers can last six months or longer.
Are Dermal Fillers Similar to Botox®?
Dermal fillers are used to correct lines, wrinkles, and creases by plumping the skin within. Botox® only prevents muscles from moving which cause the creases and fine lines.
There are Many Advantages to Using Facial Fillers Over Other Treatments
One of the main advantages of using facial fillers at Victory MedSpa in Austin, TX is that they offer noticeable improvement in skin issues such as fine lines, wrinkles, and creases. This is an advantage as many do not want to undergo surgical procedures to improve these issues. Although surgical procedures can offer dramatic results, then can often result in complications such as infection, slower healing, and issues with the incision sites. Side effects from facial dermal fillers are minor. Some may notice temporary redness, swelling, or bruising at the treatment sites. These all typically fade away within a few hours to a couple of days without any intervention.
How Long Will Facial Filler Results Last?
Many facial fillers use a variety of substances that are in the form of a gel. One of the more common substances used by facial fillers is hyaluronic acid which is favored because it helps attract water molecules within your skin and binds with them. Hyaluronic acid is something your body makes in abundance when you are young, but as you age, this decreases significantly. Fillers can help slow down the appearance of aging by replacing the areas that have lost volume with these gel-like FDA approved substances. Many fillers can last for 6 months to a year or more.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)