There are pros and cons to everything in life-including laser hair removal. When we are educated, we tend to make better decisions. Therefore, it is important to educate yourself about the options when it comes to laser hair removal. Gone are the days of shaving, razor burns, 5 o’clock shadows, depilatory creams that stink, waxing, sugaring, and any other painful torture you have had to endure. There are long lasting options such as electrolysis, but who has the time to sit through a time-consuming session where a super fine needle is inserted into each individual hair follicle to send an electric current that kills the hair follicle. Is it painful? Yes. Is it time consuming? Very much so.
Laser hair removal is the popular semi-permanent hair removal option that damages the hair follicle and minimizes hair growth. The laser is made to specifically target pigment in hair follicles and will burn the hair follicle down to the root.
What are the Pros of Laser Hair Removal?
- Laser hair removal drastically reduced hair growth to the point you can stop shaving all together.
- Laser hair removal can be performed anywhere on the body including body, back, face, underarms, legs, bikini, stomach, etc. There is no limit of the places where laser hair removal can be safely performed
- The pain level associated with laser hair removal is less than the pain induced by shaving or waxing. The pain also gets progressively decreases as treatments continue and the hair becomes finer
- Laser hair removal helps to reduce those embarrassing and unsightly features you wish not to speak of. Some patients are amazed that the 5’o clock shadow they used to have under their arms disappears with the reduction of hair post laser hair removal treatments.
What are the Cons of Laser Hair Removal?
- Some sessions may last only a few minutes, but the process can be longer depending on the area being treated as well as the hair quality. Multiple treatments are often needed, and it is generally the recommended practice to wait six weeks between treatments.
- It can be pricey, but if you add up how much you have spent on razors or waxing only to be disappointed with the results you can consider the value of the investment of laser hair removal
What is the Cost?
The cost of treatments will vary based on the area of the body as well as the number of treatments needed. Victory MedSpa has a price list to share, but in order to get the best prices it is always best to set up a complementary consultation with the Victory MedSpa team. Our team can properly assess the areas you desire to be treated and can inform you about any promotional specials you may benefit from.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)