PDO Threads – The Non-Surgical Facelift
When browsing the celebrity gossip websites, we often see beautiful faces that look unaffected by aging. Many older celebrities have undergone a facelift and the results are impressive. This procedure can take many years off one’s appearance and the results are long-lasting. However, the healing process can be painful, and you can be stuck with swelling, bruising, and other not so pretty results that happen when a surgery goes wrong. Knowing this, many people who educate themselves on the different options will often forego the surgical facelift and elect for PDO threads instead.
What are PDO Threads?
PDO threads are known as the non-surgical facelift. The process consists of inserting PDO threads into different areas of the face in order to lift and tighten areas such as the neck, jaws, and cheeks. Hypodermic needles are loaded with an absorbable suture and are they are placed in the areas needing that extra lift. After a period of 4-6 months the sutures will be absorbed by the body and never have to be removed. The PDO threads are composed of a material that has been used extensively for years by surgeons and are deemed an extremely safe material. And even better, there are no scars left after the procedure.
How to PDO Threads Work?
Many people think that the threads are used to pull up and tighten the skin, but this isn’t the case. The threads work by creating a response in the area that they are used, and the body produces more collagen and elastin around the threads. This leaves your skin appearing smoother, healthier, and more firm.
How Long Do PDO Threads Last?
The threads last for 4-6 months until the body absorbs them, but the effects will last much longer as the body continues to build collagen and elastin in the areas where they were placed. Many experience continued results for an additional 3-6 months after the PDO threads are absorbed by the body.
What Should You Do After a PDO Thread Lift?
Avoid alcohol for 7 days to avoid bruising. It is also important to avoid temperature extremes such as a sauna or cold climates for a week and a half. Ideally, once should also avoid exercise for 7 days post procedure.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)