PDO Thread Lift – Everything You Need to Know About the Non-Surgical Face Lift
What is the PDO Thread Lift?
The PDO Thread Lift is a treatment which lifts and tightens sagging skin tissue, using threads made of Polydioxanone (PDO). The threads are introduced into the deep layers of skin and once introduced; they produce a combination of positive effects.
Patients report instant skin lifting through the mechanical effects. Skin texture, fine lines and elasticity is improved through cellular renewal due to collagen stimulation. The fat tissue contracts which produces skin tightening.
The threads are absorbable and will disappear in about 6 months after the procedure. Your results will remain in effect for about 3-6 months after the threads dissolve due to the cellular rejuvenation effects. As we age though, so does our skin so a maintenance plan is needed in order to maintain results after this time period.
How is a PDO Thread Lift Performed?
This procedure is minimally invasive and requires numbing at the site of injection. The PDO threads are inserted via sharp or blunt needles into different layers of skin. Once inserted, the threads anchor the skin and lift it upwards. Any excess threads are trimmed off.
Depending on the areas treated, the procedure can last less than 30 minutes. Some patients experience minor discomfort during the procedure, however with the numbing medication used, this is usually very tolerable.
Is PDO Thread Lift Safe?
This treatment is very safe, and the side effects are typically very minimal. These may include bruising or swelling just as with any other procedure due to the vascularity of the area that is being worked on. However, this seldom occurs.
What Areas Can Be Treated with a PDO Thread Lift?
The PDO thread lift is very versatile and will allow most areas of the face to be treated including:
- Crow’s feet
- Nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles around the mouth
- Jaw line
The cheeks and lower face show the best results due to the anatomy of those areas and the ability to create a lift.
What Should I Expect After a PDO Threading Procedure?
Your skin will be instantly lifted after the procedure and may feel tighter, but the tightness should relax in about a week when you will see your results. The revitalized results will start to take effect in about 1 to 2 months when you will notice better skin texture and firmer/smoother skin.
Most patients like to repeat the procedure in 6-9 months after the first procedure to allow for long lasting results up to 3 years.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)