High Blood Pressure is a Silent Killer
What is Hypertension?
Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is when the force of blood against the artery walls is too high. It can lead to severe complications and increases the risk of heart disease, stroke, and death.
When your blood pressure is too high, you can develop symptoms. If you are aware that you have been diagnosed with hypertension, you should watch out for these symptoms:
- Severe Headache
- Fatigue or Confusion
- Vision Problems
- Chest Pain
- Difficulty Breathing
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Pounding in your chest, neck, or ears.
You can have high blood pressure and also experience no obvious symptoms until it is too late and you experience a stroke or a heart attack. It is very important to monitor your blood pressure regularly.
Hypertension is best diagnosed by having your blood pressure measured. Your doctor may also review your medical history as well as conduct a physical examination. A consistent blood pressure 140/90 mm Hg or higher is considered high blood pressure.
Common Supplements Found in Our Pharmacy to Help Combat Symptoms
Magnesium Magnesium deficiency is the second most common deficiency in the U.S. and returning your magnesium levels to normal has been proven to help regulate blood pressure.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids Taking these offer a wide variety of health benefits including the ability to reduce blood pressure by reducing the LDL, or bad cholesterol.
Coenzyme Q10 is crucial for energy production. Coenzyme Q10 (aka CoQ10) is an antioxidant necessary for proper cell function, found in every cell of the body. Your cells need CoQ10 to produce energy, and research shows that it benefits patients with cardiovascular disease.
L-Citrulline is a pre-Arginine supplement but it’s more easily absorbed by the body than arginine. It helps improve the Nitrogen balance of the blood, which improves circulation.
Folate/Folic Acid (both forms of Vitamin B9) have been shown to reduce the incidence of strokes in adults with hypertension.
Treating and Preventing Hypertension
Hypertension can often be controlled by medications prescribed by your Victory Medical physician and taken regularly. In addition to such, there are ways one can control their hypertension. Ways to help control your hypertension in addition to medication or even preventing it are:
- Lose extra weight to control your waistline.
- Eat a healthy diet
- Reduce sodium in your diet
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink
- Cut back on caffeine
- Reduce your stress
- Exercise regularly
- Quit smoking.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)