What is a Heartwise Physical?
A Heartwise Physical, offered by Victory Medical, is a comprehensive screening that is used to analyze your risk of heart disease, stroke, and other related abnormalities which may be impairing your health and decreasing your quality of life.
What Does a Heartwise Physical Test For?
A Heartwise Physical is head-to-toe assessment consisting of over 26 different tests. Tests include an EKG, limited ultrasounds of your heart, carotid, thyroid, and abdominal aorta. There is extensive blood work that includes but is not limited to cholesterol, triglycerides, BNP, CRP, vitamin D, and more. Orthostatic blood pressure, blood pressure after light exercise, is also obtained via a brief treadmill test. There is a retinal scan and a test to determine the elasticity of veins and arteries as well as other additional body measurements.
Is a Heartwise Physical Covered by Insurance?
Most insurances cover this head-to-toe assessment because it is considered a preventative measure. If you are curious to see if your insurance will cover a Heartwise Physical, call the team at Victory Medical (512) 462-DOCS (3627).
How Long Does a Heartwise Physical Take?
A Heartwise Physical can take up to 90 minutes, but this all depends on various factors and some of which can be controlled by the patient. For example, if a patient arrives with completed paperwork, comes in fasting, or is able to provide a urine sample quickly, the time for the appointment can be shortened to as little as 60 minutes.
Why Should I Choose to Have a Heartwise Physical Versus Only Having My Blood Drawn When Something is Wrong?
Most people avoid going to the doctor which means they are often left in the dark about their health. Some choose to go to the doctor only when something is wrong. If you knew you could possibly prevent a major health issue from occurring, wouldn’t you want to know? Bloodwork alone cannot paint the full picture of your health which is why the Heartwise Physical offered by Victory Medical is your best option for a complete health assessment.
What Have Patients Said About the Heartwise Physical?
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)