Prevention is Key – Schedule a Heartwise Physical
What is a Heartwise Physical?
A Heartwise Physical, offered by Victory Medical, is a comprehensive screening that is used to analyze your risk of heart disease, stroke, and other related abnormalities which may be impairing your health and decreasing your quality of life.
What Does a Heartwise Physical Test For?
A Heartwise Physical is head-to-toe assessment consisting of over 26 different tests. Tests include an EKG, limited ultrasounds of your heart, carotid, thyroid, and abdominal aorta. There is extensive blood work that includes but is not limited to cholesterol, triglycerides, BNP, CRP, vitamin D, and more. Orthostatic blood pressure, blood pressure after light exercise, is also obtained via a brief treadmill test. There is a retinal scan and a test to determine the elasticity of veins and arteries as well as other additional body measurements.
Is a Heartwise Physical Covered by Insurance?
Most insurances cover this head-to-toe assessment because it is considered a preventative measure. If you are curious to see if your insurance will cover a Heartwise Physical, call the team at Victory Medical (512) 462-DOCS (3627).
How Long Does a Heartwise Physical Take?
A Heartwise Physical can take up to 90 minutes, but this all depends on various factors and some of which can be controlled by the patient. For example, if a patient arrives with completed paperwork, comes in fasting, or is able to provide a urine sample quickly, the time for the appointment can be shortened to as little as 60 minutes.
Why Should I Choose to Have a Heartwise Physical Versus Only Having My Blood Drawn When Something is Wrong?
Most people avoid going to the doctor which means they are often left in the dark about their health. Some choose to go to the doctor only when something is wrong. If you knew you could possibly prevent a major health issue from occurring, wouldn’t you want to know? Bloodwork alone cannot paint the full picture of your health which is why the Heartwise Physical offered by Victory Medical is your best option for a complete health assessment.
What Have Patients Said About the Heartwise Physical?
“I cannot speak for all patients, but I can share my experience with the Heartwise Physical offered by Victory Medical. I called Victory Medical because I heard about the Heartwise Physical and wanted to schedule an appointment. The kind staff at the call center were very thorough with verifying my insurance would cover a Heartwise Physical and were able to schedule me an appointment for the next day. My appointment was at 8:15AM, but I arrived 15 minutes early to complete the multiple pages of comprehensive paperwork.
Shortly after checking in, I was greeted by Scott who was the first person to conduct a series of tests on me. He checked my blood pressure at rest, while sitting, standing, laying, and post walking on a treadmill at a slow pace with a slight incline. He also checked my oxygen level at various periods, attached leads to my body to check my heart, asked me a series of questions, and overall was genuinely nice and very informative.
After my time spent with Scott, I went and saw Sabrina who was also very kind and she had me perform a lung test called spirometry that was conducted to test the air capacity of my lungs. I had to blow into a device as hard as I possibly could multiple times. Sabrina also measured my waist, hips, height, and weight then had me lay on an exam table and performed an EKG to look at the electrical activity of my heart. Shortly after, she performed a limited ultrasound on a major artery in my abdominal area, multiple angles of my heart to look at the valves, and finally my thyroid.
After all my tests were complete, I had blood drawn (which didn’t even hurt by the way!) and had to submit a urine for more tests. Once finished, I was able to check out at the front desk and I was out by 9:15AM. The staff informed me that they would have results in a few weeks and scheduled a follow-up visit for me 6 weeks out in order to go over the results. I could not be more pleased with how quick that visit was and was impressed by the professionalism of the staff. I’m looking forward to learning the results of my tests (good or bad) because I’m hopeful I can get ahead of any risks I have and have a good plan to prevent any issues.
The reason why I chose to have a Heartwise Physical completed is because I’m now in my 30’s and have witnessed multiple family members have health problems that I want no part of. Some of the health issues my family members have are hyperthyroidism, high cholesterol, diabetes, hypertension, bladder cancer, colon cancer, atrial fibrillation, dementia, obesity, and the list goes on. One thing I have realized is that many of these issues were caused by obesity, lack of exercise, and a poor diet which are all things I can control.
I’m worried that I am at greater risk of developing these issues because of genetic predisposition but am hopeful that with my results from the Heartwise Physical, my provider from Victory Medical and I will come up with a plan to prevent these issues from occurring.”
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)