Coolsculpting is a nonsurgical body-contouring treatment that freezes small pockets of stubborn fat just under the skin using a technology called cryolipolysis. The extreme cold kills fat cells without damaging the surrounding tissue. Over the course of 4 to 6 months your body flushes out the damaged cells. The device was FDA approved in 2010 for reducing belly fat and love handles and is now cleared for upper arms, under the chin, bra fat, thighs, and under the butt fat.
CoolSculpting works best for people who are relatively fit and are within 20 pounds of their ideal weight. The goal is to sculpt the body not to expect dramatic weight loss.
What Are the Pros of CoolSculpting?
- Relatively comfortable
- Great results that last overtime when paired with a healthy lifestyle
- No anesthesia or downtime
- Less invasive than liposuction-no incisions and no scars
- Target stubborn areas that exercise is unable to target
- It is not a quick fix as people sometimes need two or even three treatments (each treatment is spaced up to 4-6 weeks apart) to achieve desired results
- Some people think the results will be immediate and drastic. While some people do ultimately see dramatic or significant reduction of body fat, the results vary. CoolSculpting should always be paired with a healthy lifestyle in order to look and feel your best.
What Happens During CoolSculpting?
Your appointment will take 30 to 60 minutes depending on the size of the area you are having treated. First, your provider will assess the area to determine the correct size of the applicator to use. Then, you will be asked to change into garments provided and pictures will be taken. Next, your provider will lay a protective gel pad on your skin and apply the CoolSculpting paddle. The machine will be turned on and your fat and skin will get suctioned into the paddle which will then begin to cool and freeze the fat without damaging your skin. For a few minutes, you will feel the intense cold and pressure before the area goes numb. Many people often feel comfortable enough to perform work, read, or watch TV during the treatment. Once the treatment time is complete, the provider will remove the paddle and will massage the frozen lump of fat for approximately 2 minutes. Your skin will be red and feel tender, but those symptoms will fade.
When Will I See Results and How Long Will They Last?
After the treatment, you will gradually lose up to 25% of the fat cells in the treated area, but it takes some time for the body to start flushing them out. In about four to six weeks, you will notice improvement and those results will continue to improve for up to 20 weeks. Your results should be long-lasting, if you do not gain weight.
Additional Services Offered by Victory Medical
Did You Know… Victory Medical is a one stop shop. We offer additional services for your convenience so you can tackle all of your health needs in one spot.
Victory Medical Offers:
- Primary Care: annual physicals, blood work, medication management, EKG, Vaccines, X-rays, Blood work
- Heartwise Physical: a comprehensive, preventative, non-invasive, head-to-toe evaluation, that includes 26 tests and takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Pharmacy: receive prescriptions through the convenience of our pharmacy. We also offer compounded prescriptions custom measured and compounded specifically for you.
- Urgent Care: Get help whenever you may need it with our Urgent Care clinics that have extended hours.
- Natural Hormone Replacement: Want to rejoin the human race and experience renewed energy, a fulfilling sex life, and happiness again? Don’t let the effects of aging drag you down.
- MedSpa: Look and feel beautiful at our MedSpa where you will receive quality treatments and products as well as beauty consultations
- Coolsculpting: The CoolSculpting fat-freezing procedure is the only FDA-cleared, non-surgical fat-reduction treatment that uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise.
- Ketamine Therapy: Ketamine is rapid acting, has a short duration of action, and has been known to drastically help those affected by Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD.
- Allergy: Allergy testing can improve your quality of life and shed light on the cause or trigger of your bothersome symptoms.
- Physical Therapy: Victory Medical provides state-of-the-art physical therapy and rehabilitation for pain management, neurological ailments, and the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, and post-surgical needs.
- Chiropractic Therapy: Manage pain, heal faster, reduce stress, enjoy life
- Weight Loss: Medical weight loss is an effective option for individuals who haven’t had success with other methods, and for people who need their health and safety monitored every step of the way.
Ask a staff member for more information about any of our services or schedule an appointment by calling 512-462-DOCS (3627)